Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lots o' Lists

So while I’m lovin’ it a whole bunch here, there may be a few things about the good ol’ US of A that I miss:

1. My closet. Specifically: my Dunks, flannel, and crew-neck sweatshirts.
2. BJ Bear. Yes Mom and Dad, I’m serious. At least I don’t suck my thumb anymore.
3. Safe and reliable public transportation
4. All sorts of Herbal Essence hair products
6. Barry’s Bagels
7. Iced coffee
8. Organic, fat-free milk

I know what you’re all thinking: “How is Bridget even surviving? She has to drink regular coffee in 80 degrees AND she has to put 2% on her Cheerios?!” It’s a daily struggle.

Good thing there are a few things I’m happy to live without:

1. The constant need to check my Gmail, Facebook, and phone
2. Winter
3. Expensive food, specifically sandwiches that cost more than $3. Yes, I do now consider a $5 sandwich expensive (that’s R35!)
4. Paying to use the washer and dryer
5. Being pale
6. Living in the AU Libs

OK, so now I’m a roll. Let’s talk about things from South Africa I’m getting really into (and will most likely miss when I return to Amurrrika)

1. Chicken Mayo
2. Boerwor Rolls. Try saying that one three times fast. I mean, I can’t even say it once.
3. Savannah Dry
4. Sitting on steps
5. School spirit
6. Going to a beautifully beautiful school.
7. Living at the ocean AND mountains

Check out http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/virtual_tour/main/ to see more about #4 and #6

Cheers! 

3 comments:

  1. Nothing beats whole, unpasteurized milk. But yeah - I would probably kill someone for a Barry's Bagel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can always one up me in the "amenities while living outside the US" game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had Barry's Bagels this week...your Dad brought them on our Steelhead outing...

    ReplyDelete