Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Keepin' things classy in Cape Town

Classes are over, finals have started, and we had a delightful closing dinner for my program. Yup, my time is winding down. While some are wasting their time counting down the days left, I’ve been out adventuring.

Here are a couple highlights, my friends.

I hiked Lion’s Head during the full moon. We head up before sunset, hiked above the clouds, watched the sunset while eating a delicious picnic, saw Cape Town all aglow at night, then headed down in the light of a very bright full moon.
It's so easy from above, you can really see it all

Scalin'

Sunset, clouds, mountains. Why so ugly, Cape Town?

I see a bad moon rising

All of the lights
 
Now that classes are over and three weeks are allotted to exams, I have a bit of free time on my hands. What do I do with this free time? Go to Stellenbosch, wine taste, be classy. The usual.

My friends and I headed out to beautiful wine country on Monday, hit up five wineries (go big or go home), and become even more of wine connoisseurs than we already were.

White. Red. Pinotage. Sauvignon Blanc. Riesling. Pinot Noir. Dry. Leg. Tannins. Oaky. Check it.
Wineries are ugly

Really ugly

Wine goes in barrels

Wine goes in bottles

Wine goes in bellies
So exam time is upon me, and my lucky self is done June 1. I’ll be spending the following days basking in and playing around rainy Cape Town. Only good things to come.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment